Tuesday, February 23, 2010

set-ups

This Ikea road rug is probably the best $15 I ever spent. Seriously, I love Ikea. Sure sometimes it is cheap quality, but when this one wears out I can buy another one. Actually I could probably buy 5 before I equal the price of the one I just saw at Target. And I would just like to add, I don't think the quality on this is that bad and I think the pictures on it are way cuter than a lot of other ones I have seen. I highly recommend to all other parents particularly of boys. It is where Jimmy spends the majority of his day playing any variation of cars, trains, blocks, etc.

He has gotten much more into setting it all up (or making "set-ups" if you will) and making it into a town (probably because I was always trying to do so while he was knocking it down and he finally caught on that mom knows best). He also actually asks me to take pictures now because I guess he also got used to me taking them and now he likes to look at them on the camera after I take them. He is pretty good at posing for me and usually hams it up. As he always tells me, "I'm such a good cheeser." Maybe I should stop boosting his ego so much.
Here is our own version of Radiator Springs. I really want to buy Flo's Gas Station to complete the set, but since I bought all three of the others for $5 then it is hard to spend the actual store price on another one. I am a cheapo after all. Maybe I can Ebay it. I also really wish that Disney would have completed the whole town. I mean how can it truly be Radiator Springs without all the houses like the Court House, Doc's, Mater's, and the Cozy Cone Motel.... Am I letting on a little bit that I like making set-ups just as much as Jimmy?... well, maybe I do and maybe I am not ashamed to say it! I love toys and I should make them for a living because I would do a better job than whoever is doing it now. Well, anyway, for now we use a firehouse for the courthouse and build other things out of blocks. I guess it is good to be creative, but just the same: If anyone out there works for Disney or Matel please let them know my plight.

Jimmy likes to re-enact the whole movie. This is one of his favorite parts: "Where Mack falls asleep."
Jimmy asked me to take this one of "Mater's House" so I just had to include it.
Jimmy's all time favorite part to watch and re-enact: Tractor Tipping.
The Big Tie-Breaker for the Piston Cup.
(Notice, The King Flipped over... so sad. Don't worry McQueen will push him across the finish line shortly hereafter.)
That's my boy.

2 comments:

  1. Mary I love this!! You are such a good mom. I have been looking for a cheap rug for the kids rooms, but we have so many colors in that room I am not sure what to do. I am thinking of just getting this one because at least the kids can play on it. Anyway, this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete