Monday, June 21, 2010

one more thing down

I am proud to announce that after four years (well technically a whole day before that), I finally finished my wedding album! I can't believe it took me so long, but that is what I get for being such a perfectionist and insisting on doing it myself. Sure I can blame my photographer for getting me my photos so late, or the fact that it took me about a year to pick out the perfect book, or the photo corners that kept breaking, or my inability to make decisions in general, but most of all I think I was just a slacker on this one. I mean four years! Who am I kidding. I am supposed to live for this stuff right? Who am I? I have completed Jimmy's baby album and a few other things along the way, but this task was always taunting me because it should have been done a long time ago and other things kept becoming priority. So I was just growing to resent it and not want to do it all. This makes me wonder if I have allowed my blog to interfere with my actual scrapbooking desires. The blog has become a constant family journal/scrapbook that helps me fulfill the part of me that needs to chronicle everything with photos. It is so much cheaper than constantly printing pictures, but I do love real photos. It had been a year and a half since I ordered any prints, but I just recently ordered about three hundred to stick in a family album. I love the freedom that digital cameras give us these days in terms of choosing only good photos, but it does allow me to procrastinate. However, I am determined that everyone of my children will have amazing baby books handmade by their loving mother. All in all, I am happy with how this book turned out. I would have gotten white borders on the photos if I could have, but my photographer had already printed them all without before I even thought to ask. The cover is just solid black, and I was going to have it engraved on the front with just the words "Our Wedding" but the guy at the store seemed unsure about whether it would work he told me, "We can try" and I said/thought, "I am not paying you $45 (way more than I was willing to pay anyhow) to screw with my perfect book." Solid black will have to do. Well, at least I can admit my failings now and just bask it the glory of having one more thing deleted from my Neverending-To-Do-List.

PS- Bess, if you read this, your wedding album is next on my list! Expect it in four to five years.

1 comment:

  1. yay! i get a whole page dedicated to my awesome dance moves, and it made it on the blog! woo Hoo! Congratulations Mary! We all appreciate your scrapbooks and blog A LOT A LOT A LOT, and four years later just gives us an excuse to be nostalgic. YAY MARY!

    ReplyDelete