Monday, June 21, 2010

royal palms

For our anniversary dinner, Zach and I went to T. Cook's which is the restaurant at Royal Palms Inn in Phoenix. My grandparents (Mame and Pop) used to live right behind this resort and we were allowed to use the pools when we were growing up (there was one pool shaped like a heart with amazing tile work all inside, but sadly it is gone). It was really run-down and funky then (I kind of liked it better that way), but now it is all fancy and swankified. It still holds a lot of memories for me, so it was a special treat to go there, especially since it was also my grandparent's anniversary. Zach made fun of me (as per usual) for taking so many pictures, but I have learned to deal with that and just do what I want anyway.

This tile mural is original and I think it is really cool.
I took a picture of this because we used to say the Seven Dwarves lived in there.
I love these gates that are also original.
Okay, I still hadn't figured out that my camera was taking funky pictures, but this way the only picture of us that even kind of turned out.
We were able to sit outside on the patio because it wasn't to hot and they had the misters on. Apparently, everyone else assumed it would be too hot, because we were the only ones out there so we had the whole place to ourselves. Dinner was delicious., but this desert was the highlight for me:
Amazing Caramel Cheesecake Creme Brulee.
(Zach tried to eat all of mine since his dessert was not nearly as good)
Thanks for a wonderful time husband of mine.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!

    Also, your camera is probably on "HI ISO" settings of some sort, which would result in the grainy photos. Gotta be careful!

    ReplyDelete