Tuesday, July 20, 2010

north shore: turtle bay

We spent a lot of time at the North Shore so I am going to have to divide it up by specific places. My posts are also getting out of chronological order now, but oh well. First of all it is an amazing drive on the H-3 where you get to see lots of amazing mountains like these:
Our first stop was a favorite little food truck called Giovanni's. Mostly they sell garlic shrimp plates and that is the main thing to get there. I am not a huge sea food person, but I tried it. It was pretty good, but the garlic definitely lingered the rest of the night- there was a lot of garlic! Not to mention Jimmy also got a garlic covered hot dog which I also ate.
I was more excited about the Pineapple Smoothies one truck over.
These food trucks are everywhere in Hawaii by the way. I think there are more of them than actual restaurants.
We were all lucky that Jimmy shared any of this.
Then we went to Turtle Bay to watch the sunset. It was a little cloudy, but still really beautiful.
Jimmy was excited because there were lots of crabs that would get washed up with the waves. If you look close you can see a few.
The amazing Nano!
... and his band of Ragamuffins.
Jimmy got soaked by the time we left. I guess I should have put him in his swimsuit after all.
... Oh well, he didn't mind.
By the end of the trip he was very used to being stripped down in the car and then falling asleep in his carseat.

No comments:

Post a Comment