Tuesday, January 17, 2012

great arizona puppet theatre

I have been wanting to take Jimmy to the "Great Arizona Puppet Theatre" for a long time.  I went as a child and remember liking it.  Back then they were in an old firehouse, but I hadn't been to their new location which is an old LDS Church in Central Phoenix.  It is a very cool historic building.  I thought it would be fun to go with the Grandparents to see their Christmas show, The Elves and the Shoemaker.   Honestly, I think we were all a little bit bored.  I hate to say that because I don't want my humble opinion to effect their business, but it really could have been better.  The puppets were great, but the show was too slow and the main character mumbled in such a weird voice that the adults couldn't make out what he was saying.  There was no way Jimmy knew what was going on.  He asked to leave, but I kept reminding him how fun it was.  I pretty much had to whisper the story in his ear the whole time.   Thank goodness Santa came at the end.  I am not saying I won't go back and try it again, but I will probably wait for free tickets.  Maybe it is difficult to get people who are both good at vocals and being puppeteers.  I have actually always wanted to do puppetry, but I only ever got the chance to dabble in it.  I even went to two schools that offered it as a class and didn't get to take it.  That is a regret of mine.  Maybe I could take a class here.  Or even better they could just give me a job.  
I think Jimmy's favorite part was the gift shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment