Wednesday, January 16, 2013

thanksgiving 2012

This year we were thankful to have Aunt Erin come to visit.
... Really, it would have kind of been a stinky holiday if she didn't, so I am not just saying that to be nice.
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving we helped deliver food for St. Vincent de Paul which was a nice way to teach the kids about being grateful for all we have and giving to others who are in need.  I hope to make this a new tradition.  After that, we went back to Em's house for some crafts.  We made turkey treats out of Oreos and candy.  They were sort of tricky for the kids, but they still had fun with it.
Then each of the kids made one of these toilet paper tube Pilgrims and Indians.
(Gus thought his was Peter Pan though)
 Eating the treats was, of course, the best part.
 On Thanksgiving morning we went to the Burches' again for some "light" breakfast.
Then we went back to my dad's house to cook a bit.
We made a lot of our own food so we would have leftovers, but we took it all over to my Uncle Ty's house and ate dinner there with my dad's brothers and their kids.  I didn't take any pictures there, but maybe that is a good thing since for once I won't have a post overloaded with pictures.
We enjoyed the leftovers the next night at my house:
 Needless to say the boys liked the legs.
Cheers to you and yours!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a party I would very much like to have been at.

    ReplyDelete