Thursday, September 18, 2014

kids in their buddies

Well, I hadn't changed my blog header in over three years so I guess it was about time.
If you look at this regularly then you probably already noticed.  About gosh darn time right?
Here is the old one for posterity:
And here is the new:

Really, I have been meaning to do it since we added a new child to our lives, but it just kept not happening.  I sort of missed my window of Nora being a still and cooperative baby as Gus was when I took the old picture.  When I took the old one it was random and on a whim and I just happened to capture both kids at a good moment.  The lighting was perfect, the buddies surrounding them were perfect because they looked perfectly random.  It was one of those moments you just can't plan.  I knew that was the truth, but it only became more clear to me when I tried to recreate it.  Catching three kids a good moment is much trickier.  It took three different photo shoots and I finally just settled on the one you see above.  I didn't like how much Nora is the focus of it, but the boys liked it the best.  Zach also said, she looks just a bit crazy, but I reminded him that she just looks like that sometimes so it is honest.   However, I wasn't so honest myself because I admittedly even recruited my dad to photoshop my favorite kid faces into different pictures even though I felt guilty about it.  He was confused about which ones were my favorites because he liked different ones better so I decided that must be the point that God was telling me to just be happy with what I got.  
...
Here are a few outtakes just to give some understanding of how it all went down:
Nora was cooperating here, but we couldn't get the stuffed animals on her fast enough:
She was usually crawling around more like this:
This last one was my other contender for new header, but the boys voted me down.
Gus wins for best face in this one, but I kind of liked Nora and Jimmy a little better in the other one.
It was hard to choose.  You can be honest or reassure me or both.

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you that your new header is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Nora just slays me. I love her and we've never even met. I think she and MaeDelph would get along like a house on fire. Or actually set a house on fire. One or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liss. I know wishing our funny little girls could be best friends might have to wait for college, but I wish they could at least meet each other sometime. The grandparents are moving close to you so we might head your way one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have just put up the picture with crying kids and nose picking. That would have made me laugh. :). Buy really, so great. Only you are patient enough to get that good of a picture.

    ReplyDelete