Monday, January 4, 2016

reUDion weekend

 So it has been more than 10 years now since I graduated from University of Dallas.
I was very excited that I got to go to my reunion and see so many people I miss terribly.
We hung out on campus on Friday night and Saturday a good friend hosted the reunion on her farm.
Lots of my favorite people were around...
As were lots of babies and animals...
There was a big bonfire and a semi-reunion of an old college band...
I sure miss all my girls.  I wish we all lived near each other so we could still hang out all the time.  
Perhaps my favorite part of the evening was when my friend Crystal had the idea to recreate an old photo of our TPing escapade from Senior year...
I think we did a pretty good job.   We did have a baby photo bumber, but I think that appropriately shows how times have changed.  Thank goodness for the port-a-potties since there were no dorm rooms nearby to steal toilet paper from.   I was having so much fun that I didn't want to the party to end.   I might have even hid from my husband so I could stay until the very end.
 Sunday morning we had one last after Mass Capp Barr treat...
We walked over to check out the new shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe...
I got to meet baby Clement on this trip and hang out with my buddy Lucia who misses me terribly (but probably not as much as she misses Jimmy)

Then there was the other half of this trip which was sad instead of fun.  Zach's family had been planning on visiting this particular weekend to see his grandma because she was not doing well.  Zach wasn't going to be able to come due to work obligations, but when Grandma took a turn for the worse early the week before we made a change of plans and he decided to come along with me.  We knew she wouldn't know we were there, but we also wanted to be there for Grandpa who was struggling with the whole thing.  We got to say goodbye to Grandma on Friday and she passed away that night.  All her children and most of the grandchildren were all there to be with Grandpa.  It was all sort of strange to go back and forth between so much fun and so much sadness, but it was also a blessing that the two weekends were able to coincide.  Zach and I were sad we couldn't bring the kids and we really missed them more than we expected.  We know it wasn't going to be the best trip to bring them on, but we were sad they couldn't see their cousins.  I did love getting to see these cute little girls...
It was nice to see so much family and to be there for Grandpa.  He loved seeing everyone, but he kept saying how much Grandma would have loved it and it would make him sad.  He is missing her so much and we will be keeping him in our prayers.
There was one more happy side to this trip which was I got to stay with my sister and see baby Helen.  Angie was also excited to finally meet her...
I love that these guys live in Dallas now so we get in more visits.  
Whether we have happy or sad reasons to visit, we still love Dallas!

No comments:

Post a Comment